Article: Ask a Trainer: How Should I Strength Train During Tri Season?
- As the triathlon season begins, reduce strength training volume and specificity.
- Focus strength training on correcting muscle imbalances, improving core stability, and maintaining strength.
- Incorporate resistance-band exercises to help with maintaining strength during races.
- During the race season, consider doing strength training sessions once or twice a week.
- During the off-season or low period, add 1 or 2 full-body strength training sessions to your routine.
- Use strength and conditioning to support your endurance workouts.
Trifindr’s hot take:As triathlon season begins, athletes should shift their focus from high-volume strength training to maintaining strength while correcting muscle imbalances and improving core stability. Resistance-band exercises can be a useful addition to your routine to help you maintain strength during races. During the racing season, aim for one or two strength training sessions per week, and during the off-season, consider adding one to two full-body strength training sessions to your routine. Remember that strength and conditioning should support your endurance workouts, and striking a balance is key to a successful season. Original article:https://www.triathlete.com/training/3-keys-to-strength-training-in-race-season/<>
That is a wrap