– American triathlete Taylor Knibb will join the Trek-Segafredo women’s professional cycling team for the 2022 season.
– Knibb is a rising star in the triathlon world, winning the silver medal at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics.
– She decided to join the cycling team to continue developing her skills and challenge herself in a new sport.
– Trek-Segafredo sees Knibb’s potential and believes that she can make a successful transition to professional cycling.
– There is a growing trend of triathletes transitioning to cycling, thanks to the similar physical demands, including endurance, speed, and power.
Trifindr’s hot take:
It is exciting to witness the growing trend of triathletes pivoting to professional cycling. By joining Trek-Segafredo, Taylor Knibb has an opportunity to take her athleticism to the next level, and it’ll be interesting to see how she adapts to this new chapter in her career. It’s worth noting that cycling and triathlon require comparable physical skills, so Knibb could become a force to be reckoned with on the bike. As more top triathletes transition to cycling, we may see exciting developments in the sport in the coming seasons.
To keep track of your cycling metrics and improve your performance, consider investing in a high-quality cycling computer. We recommend the Garmin Edge 530, a reliable and versatile device that provides you with valuable data, including your speed, distance, and heart rate. It also offers advanced features such as in-ride challenges, personalized training plans, and incident detection. With the Garmin Edge 530, you can take your cycling to the next level and enjoy every mile of it!