Article: Can Tri Gear Be Cool? We Put a Hollywood Stylist to The Test on Triathlete
- The article explores whether triathlon gear can have a cool and fashionable design whilst still performing as required during races.
- A stylist to the stars, Lysa Cooper, was tasked with selecting and rating the fashionability of triathlon gear from leading brands such as Roka and Hoka One One.
- Triathlon-specific brands such as Wattie Ink were also included in the assessment, with much of their gear designed to be visually appealing.
- Cooper found that triathlon gear has come a long way in terms of design, but many pieces of clothing still prioritize function over fashion.
- The article concludes with a call for triathlon brands to continue investing in fashion-forward designs without compromising on the essential features needed for competition wear.
Trifindr’s hot take:
It’s clear that triathlon gear has the potential to be fashionable and chic whilst still meeting the requirements for effective performance. However, there is still progress to be made to perfect the balance between fashion and function. The industry has made significant improvements, but stylists like Cooper have made it evident that there is plenty of room for improvement. With continued investment in innovative fashion-forward designs, the triathlon industry could appeal to even more fashion-conscious athletes, whilst still delivering the quality they need to excel.