Triathlete’s News Digest Highlights
- Triathlon fans can look forward to more robust broadcast coverage in 2024, with the International Triathlon Union signing a major partnership with a leading sports broadcaster.
- After a year without a World Triathlon Grand Final due to COVID-19, the 2023 Grand Final is set to take place in Abu Dhabi on Nov. 18-19.
- Triathlete and event director Jess Swimmer discusses the state of races and pandemic-induced changes in a Q&A.
- Experienced triathletes give their tips for surviving and enjoying a hot triathlon race day.
- USA Triathlon is partnering with active wear brand Lululemon for the upcoming Olympic and Paralympic Games in Paris, with Lululemon providing the official uniforms for Team USA.
Trifindr’s Hot Take:
It’s exciting to hear that triathlon broadcasts are set to become more comprehensive and engaging, thanks to a new partnership between the International Triathlon Union and a major sports broadcaster. Improved coverage has the potential to bring more exposure to the sport and inspire new athletes to give it a try. However, it’s important to ensure that the broadcasts are accessible to a wide audience, including those without cable TV packages. This could be achieved through innovative streaming options or partnerships with major streaming platforms. Triathlon’s growing popularity makes this an opportune time to expand the sport’s audience, and improved broadcast coverage is a step in the right direction.