Ask a Trainer: What Are the Best Lat Exercises for Triathletes?
- Latissimus dorsi muscle group is important for swimming as it provides power
- Lat muscles are also used for cycling and running
- Exercises like pull-ups, standing cable pulldowns, and renegade rows are great for targeting lats
- Incorporating resistance bands and TRX straps can add variety to workouts and increase difficulty
- Proper form is crucial to prevent injury and maximize effectiveness
Trifindr’s hot take:
The latissimus dorsi muscles play a crucial role in swimming, cycling, and running. Incorporating exercises like pull-ups, standing cable pulldowns, and renegade rows can strengthen these muscles and improve performance in all three sports. Adding resistance bands and TRX straps to workouts can also increase difficulty and variation. Don’t forget to prioritize proper form to prevent injury and make the most out of these exercises!