- The top-end bike power efforts workout is a one-hour session that can help boost fitness levels and add variety to your training.
- The workout involves a warm-up, four main sets of 5-minute intervals, each with varying efforts, and a cool down.
- The first set involves efforts at threshold power to increase endurance and lactate threshold.
- The second set includes higher efforts above threshold power to improve anaerobic capacity and tolerance to high-intensity efforts.
- The third set focuses on explosive power with shorter 30-second intervals and full recovery intervals, to improve sprinting ability.
- The fourth set involves a mix of all the previous sets with varying intervals and efforts to challenge the body’s ability to adapt to changing intensities.
- The workout ends with a 10-minute cool down.
- This workout is suitable for experienced cyclists looking to improve their overall fitness and performance.
Trifindr’s hot take:
This top-end bike power efforts workout is a great way to challenge and improve your cycling fitness. By incorporating a mix of threshold, high-intensity, and explosive efforts, this workout can help improve endurance, anaerobic capacity, sprinting ability, and overall performance. However, it is important to note that this workout is best suited for experienced cyclists who already have a solid fitness base and are looking to take their cycling to the next level. As with any workout, be sure to listen to your body, stay hydrated, and adjust efforts and recovery intervals as needed.