“Dear Coach: Are Group Rides Good for My Training?”
- Group rides can be beneficial for fitness, bike handling, and confidence
- However, they should not replace structured training sessions
- Group rides can lead to variability in training load and inconsistent progress
- It’s important to make sure your goals align with the group’s goals
- Communication is key in ensuring a successful and safe group ride
Trifindr’s hot take:
Group rides can be a fun and rewarding addition to your training plan, but they should not replace structured training sessions. While they are great for building fitness, bike handling, and confidence, it’s important to ensure your goals align with the group’s goals. Communication is key in keeping the ride safe and ensuring everyone gets the most out of the experience. Remember to use group rides as a supplement to your regular training, not a substitute. Happy riding!