Article: Ask A Trainer: How Should I Use a Foam Roller During Race Season?
- Foam rollers can be a useful tool for preventing injury during race season.
- Start by using a softer roller if you are new to foam rolling.
- Use the roller on your legs, hips, glutes, and back.
- Apply your body weight and roll slowly in a controlled manner.
- You can target specific areas with smaller, harder rollers or massage balls.
- Don’t roll directly over an injury or inflamed area.
- Use the foam roller before and after training to prevent injury and aid recovery.
Trifindr’s hot take:
Foam rolling can be a great way to prevent injury and help your muscles recover during race season. It’s important to start with a softer roller if you are new to foam rolling and use it on your legs, hips, and back. Be sure to apply your body weight and roll slowly in a controlled manner, and consider using smaller, harder rollers or massage balls to target specific areas. Remember to avoid rolling over injured or inflamed areas, and use the foam roller before and after training to get the most benefit.
321 STRONG Foam Roller
321 STRONG Foam Roller – Medium Density Deep Tissue Massager for Muscle Massage and Myofascial Trigger Point Release, with 4K eBook – Orange