- The article discusses sprint workouts that can help improve swim fitness and times.
- Sprint workouts are important for building speed and improving endurance in the water.
- The author suggests incorporating interval training into swim workouts to increase intensity and challenge the body.
- Different types of sprint sets, such as 25-meter sprints or pyramid intervals, are recommended to focus on speed and power.
- The author emphasizes the importance of incorporating rest and recovery into sprint workouts to prevent injury and maximize performance.
Trifindr’s hot take:
Swimming fast requires incorporating sprint workouts into your training regimen. Interval training and various sprint sets are effective ways to improve swim fitness and times. However, it’s important to remember that rest and recovery are just as crucial for preventing injury and maximizing performance. So, if you’re looking to swim faster, make sure to swim fast, but also take care of your body.
Relevant product suggestion: A swim training tool like a pull buoy can help improve swim fitness and times. By isolating the upper body, a pull buoy allows you to focus on arm technique and upper body strength, which are essential for swimming faster.